With Trevor Hilder of Web of Wealth.
- The VSM says that a fundamental, foundational purpose has to be there, and that is to remain viable in the environment you find yourself in.
- The model encapsulates the idea of recursion. You can think of recursion as Russian dolls nested inside each other.
- The viability rules are operating all the time, whether we’re conscious of it or not. But if we are conscious of it, we can do better than if we’re not.
- It’s pretty clear to anyone using these diagnostics, that the causes of the crash in 2007-8 have not been understood, so that the financial system itself is not a viable system. In other words, it’s going to crash again.
- VSM is a good match with mutual credit – a much more viable way of thinking about the money system than the one we’ve got at the moment.
Transcript on LowImpact.org.